B.A. Ole Core Curriculum Requirements
OLE Core Requirements for the Bachelor of Arts Degree
The following table lists all of the OLE Core curriculum requirements that need to be met in order to attain a bachelor of arts degree from St. Olaf College. In most cases there is a one to one correspondence between a course and an OLE Core requirement. For guidelines on courses for which more than one OLE Core requirement might be received, please refer to the overview at the beginning of this section.
|OLE Core Requirements for the Bachelor of Arts Degree|
|First-Year Experience: First-Year Seminar||1.00|
|First-Year Experience: Writing and Rhetoric||1.00|
|Religion, Faith and Values||1.00|
|Christian Theology in Dialogue||1.00|
|Power and Race||1.00|
|Global Histories and Societies||1.00|
|Writing Across the Curriculum 1||1.00|
|Quantitative and Computational Reasoning||1.00|
|World Languages and Cultures 2||1.00-3.00|
|OLE Experience in Practice 3||0-1.00|
|Ethical Reasoning in Context||1.00|
|Active Body: Moving Toward Health & Well-Being 4,5||1.00|
|Writing in the Major 6||1.00|
- 1 Must be 200-level.
- 2 Depending on placement, incoming students must complete at least one course and a maximum of three courses at St. Olaf.
- 3 Can be satisfied by a non-credit bearing experience
- 4 Course must be at least .25 credits.
- 5 Students competing in intercollegiate athletics - as determined and certified by the faculty in accordance with Minnesota Intercollegiate Athletic Conference policy - may use the season of participation in a varsity sport for 0.25 course credit in kinesiology. This 0.25 course can satisfy the Active Body graduation requirement. Only one 0.25 intercollegiate athletics course credit can be applied toward the 35.00 credits required for graduation.
- 6 To be fulfilled within the major.
1 major, 2.0 minimum cumulative GPA, 6 credits graded C or above in the major, 35 minimum total credits, 21 credits outside of the major department, 18 upper-level credits (200-level or above), 24 graded credits (not P/F or S/U), 6 credits maximum S/U, 3 January terms (1 must be taken the first year)