Theology and Seminary
Matthew Marohl, Boe Memorial Chapel 18B
Campus contact person: College Pastor Matthew Marohl or the Chair of Religion Department
The Association of Theological Schools (ATS) recommends that college students study the following subjects:
- English language and literature
- History, including non-Western cultures as well as European and American
- Philosophy, particularly its history and its methods
- Natural sciences, both the physical and the life sciences
- Social sciences, where psychology, sociology, and anthropology are particularly appropriate
- The fine arts and music, especially for their creative and symbolic values
- Biblical and modern languages
- Religion, both in the Judeo-Christian and in the Near and Far Eastern traditions
Students should acquaint themselves with the specific entrance requirements of the schools to which they might apply.
Students interested in further advice may consult with the college pastor or with members of the Religion Department.